Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Chrome Browser Problems--fixed

So, what's been going on with the Google Chrome browser? I started using it years ago instead of Internet Explorer on Windows 7.  It worked fine with the default settings.  About a year after I installed Windows 10, Chrome started to have problems. When I tried to load a page, a dialog box popped up, "connection was interrupted." A change to a setting in Chrome fixed that. Then, when I tried to open a new page, I got the little circle of moving dots, and the page would not open. A change to another  Chrome setting fixed that. Then, when I tried to open a web page, I got a message that said "loading proxy..." Sometimes the page opened after a couple of minutes, sometimes not. That one required a change to my Windows 10 LAN settings. It's a good thing I had the Microsoft Edge browser so I could find the fixes on the internet along with hundreds of other Chrome users that had the same problems. Chrome is having problems it did not have before with Flash games, too, but that's another story... I like to use two browsers. I dial up some classical music on Edge, play a game on Chrome, and use the audio mixer to lower the volume of the game sounds on Chrome.

No comments:


hit counter