Saturday, January 12, 2008

Philosophy--It's questions, not answers.

I have decided to find my own “inner peace.” I’m toying with the concept of meditation, and I have also started trying to see “the big picture” through an informal study of philosophy.

I began to read The Secret, just because it was on the best-seller list, but it turned out to be full of B.S. It’s folly, of course, to expect to find a “secret answer” to life’s conundrum in a single book by a babe who’s after a buck. I have to learn to ask the right questions in order to pursue meaningful answers.

I found a great “starter” book that is helping me to do just that: Why Is There Something, Rather than Nothing? 23 Questions from Great Philosophers, by Leszek Kolakowski. In about 200 pages I am sampling ideas of the big thinkers from Socrates to Nietzsche. It’s available on Amazon.

No comments:


hit counter